Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Papers have not already been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Papers must follow the instruction to Authors in Author Guidelines
The submission form must contain the full names of ALL authors, using the button "ADD CONTRIBUTORS" with capital letters only for the first letter of authors’ names. If the submission has missed the co-authors name, it is not possible to add them later and THE SUBMISSION MUST BE REPEATED.
Please, be sure also to add all the affiliations of all the authors in the form in the submission process and please, be sure the affiliations are correct.
- Please, be sure to add ALL the affiliations of ALL the Authors of the article because otherwise they they will not appear online. Please, be sure to fill in carefully all the metadata of the article.
Make sure that no author information is present in the manuscript file, since we are using double-blind peer review.
Please, you should upload 2 files: "the title page" file and the manuscript file. The "title page" file must contain title, author information, abstract and key-words; this file will not be included in the review process.
Publication fee: 500 Euro.
Please note that the Journal has change its policy and the publisher decided to introduce an article processing fee. Starting from 1-1-2019, all submitted articles will have to pay a fee of 500 euro (for the articles submitted before 1st January 2019 the fee will be 250 euro). The fee is due for all the articles submitted. Please, if you don't want to pay the fee, don't submit the article, and if you have already submitted, please, you should withdraw it. The new policy doesn't provide any waves or discounts. The discount/waiver requests will not be answered.
All articles in Progress in Nutrition, like in all our journals, are open access immediately after their publication. This is thanks to an article processing fee that allows us to cover a series of publishing services we provide, such as online tools for authors, article production and hosting, direct relation with indexing services and customer services. This fee has to pay as soon as your manuscript is editorially accepted and before publication and it is charged to you or to your institution (or funder). The corresponding authors are responsible for making the payment or arranging it through their institutions. After that payment we proceed with the publication.
Publication fee: 500 Euro
Fast review + fast publication in the next available publishing issue: a) 1000 euro until 8 pages; b) 1400 euro from 9 pages to over.
Please pay attention to these instructions: For articles submitted before 1st January 2019 the fee is 250 euro and can be paid by paypal/credit card at Publication Fee form-Progress in Nutrition
For articles submitted after 1st January 2019 the fee is 500 euro and can be paid by paypal/credit card at Publication Fee form for submission in 2019
For Fast review + fast publication you can pay at Fast review + Publication Fee-Progress in Nutrition
For other payment method: Bank transfer (enclosed copy) made out to:
Mattioli 1885 srl Strada di Lodesana 649/sx, Loc. Vaio, 43036 Fidenza (PR) -
Bank: Cariparma, Credit Agricole – Agenzia di Fidenza 3;
IBAN code: IT 39 S 06230 65732 000094186751 – Bic Code: CRPPIT2P487
Please, download the publication form to fill in at Publication Fee form and re-send to: email@example.com and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, report in the transaction object the ID of the article and send copy (scan) to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as we receive the payment we will send you the number of the issue in which your article will be published and the DOI number of the article. We will also activate the plugin “Online first” and so you will be able to see your articles already online before the publication at the end of the website homepage in the “Online first” section.
- Authors should suggest, in the "Comments for the Editor", at least 2 full names (with their email address and affiliation) of potential Reviewers. The suggested Reviewers must have no conflict of interest with the proposal research. Please, specify the first name and the last name.
- The manuscript text file should include tables and tables and figure legends. Figures and Appendices with supplementary material should be uploaded separately. Figures prepared in jpeg/tiff format (or high resolution pdf)
- Make sure all references are complete and correct and they follow the guidelines of the Journal. Also make sure all references cited in the text are listed in the reference list and vice versa!
Instructions to submit a revised manuscript
Files you must have available:
- Revised manuscript file with changes highlighted or in red colour. In Word you can use Track Changes, then Highlight Changes or simply Underline your changes or use the red colour. Use a short file name, such as revised (the file extension should be added automatically), for your new manuscript file.
- File containing response to reviewers.
- The corresponding author, also on behalf of all the other authors, should declare the existence or otherwise of financial connections (consultancies, ownership of shares, patents, etc.) that might constitute a potential conflict of interest in relation to the subject matter of the article. In the case of existence of any such financial connections, the authors concerned must declare them in a brief but complete definition at the end of the article, before the references. If no conflict of interest exists type: "No potential conflict of interest relevant to this article was reported by the authors".
- Please pay attention to these instructions: the corrections to the articles will be accepted and the articles will be corrected when and only, we will send you the official letter of proofreading request. The submitted corrections not requested by the Editorial Office will not be considered. We will send you the proofreading request about 1 month before the publication of the article.
With this submission, you agree, in the name and on behalf of any co-authors too, to the use of personal data collected for each purpose connected with this registration, to receive promotional material and, for any other purposes that may be necessary pursuant to EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. / Effettuando tale submission, acconsenti, anche in nome e per conto di eventuali coautori, all’utilizzo dei dati personali raccolti per ogni finalità connessa alla presente registrazione, per ricevere materiale promozionale e, per ogni altro scopo che si rendesse necessario ai sensi del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.
- Starting from 2017 we don't accept any more articles about studies on rats or mice.
In consideration of the publication of my manuscript or other written work, I hereby transfer to MATTIOLI 1885 the sole and exclusive worldwide rights,
- to secure copyright;
- to produce preprints or reprints for sale or free distribution;
- to republish the article in a collection of articles or any other format related to the Journal.
Furthermore, I affirm that this article (text, illustrations, and/or tables) is original, unpublished, not under consideration by another journal, and not subject to copyright or any other of the rights that are hereby assigned to MATTIOLI 1885.
The company Mattioli 1885 S.r.l. guarantees that the personal data collected will be processed in a lawful, correct, transparent manner and only for the purposes for which they were collected and, in any case, in compliance with EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. / La società Mattioli 1885 S.r.l. garantisce che i dati personali raccolti saranno tratti in modo lecito, corretto, trasparente e solamente per le finalità per cui sono stati raccolti ed, in ogni caso, nel rispetto del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.