The Pandemic from COVID 19: a Lesson that we must not forget
Main Article Content
COVID 19, Pandemic
This issue of the Acta Biomedica for Health Professions magazine was prepared during the lockdown, imposed by the Italian government, for the contain- ment of COVID 19.
This acute syndrome was initially thought to concern only the respiratory system and for this reason it has been defined as SARS CoV-2. To date, however, we know that COVID 19 affects numerous areas of the body (1,2). In Italy, the first western country where the infection manifested itself in the form of an epidemic, we listened to health bulletins that resembled war bulletins, which reported on thousands of people affected by the virus and hundreds of dead people. [...]
2) Feng G, et al. COVID-19 and liver dysfunction: current insights and emergent therapeutic strategies. J Clin Transl Hepatol. 2020; 8: 18-24
3) Back A, Tulsky JA, Arnold RM. Communication skills in the age of COVID-19. Ann Intern Med.2020; 172: 759-760.
4) Capalbo C et al. The exponential phase of the Covid-19 pandemic in central Italy: an integrated care pathway. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 27: E3792.
5) Sun J, et al. COVID-19: Epidemiology, evolution, and cross-disciplinary perspectives. Trends Mol Med. 2020; 26: 483-495.
6) Zhou, T., Huang, S., Cheng, J., & Xiao, Y. (2020). The Distance Teaching Practice of Combined Mode of Massive Open Online Course Micro-Video for Interns in Emergency Department During the COVID-19 Epidemic Period. Telemedicine and e-Health.2020; Published online https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2020.0079