Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, LaTeX or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Authors should suggest, in the "Comments for the Editor", at least 2 full names (with their email address and affiliation) of potential Reviewers. The suggested Reviewers must have no conflict of interest with the proposal research. Please, specify the first name and the last name.
If you are submitting a revision of a manuscript you must have available:
- Revised manuscript file with changes highlighted or in red colour. In Word you can use Track Changes, then Highlight Changes or simply Underline your changes or use the red colour.
- Response to reviewers
Please, be sure to add ALL the affiliations of ALL the Authors of the article because otherwise they they will not appear online. Please, be sure to fill in carefully all the metadata of the article.
The submission form must contain the full names of ALL authors, using the button "ADD CONTRIBUTORS" with capital letters only for the first letter of authors’ names. If the submission has missed the co-authors name, it is not possible to add them later and THE SUBMISSION MUST BE REPEATED.
Please, be sure also to add all the affiliations of all the authors in the form in the submission process and please, be sure the affiliations are correct.
- Please, be sure to download and fill out the COI disclosure form. Then, please, upload it in your submission in the website with your manuscript
The authors confirm that the manuscript adheres to the ICMJE Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly work in Medical Journals. Please, see at ICMJE Recommendations.
- If one or more of the authors of the manuscript are Fellow of the Collegium Ramazzini please list their names in the Comments for the Editor section
Publication fee: 1000 Euro.
All submitted articles will have to pay a fee of 1000 euro. Please, for waivers or discounts send an email to: email@example.com .
This fee has to pay as soon as your manuscript is editorially accepted and before publication and it is charged to you or to your institution (or funder). The corresponding authors are responsible for making the payment or arranging it through their institutions. After that payment we proceed with the publication.
- For research articles involving animal subjects, authors must adhere to the ARRIVE (Animals in Research: Reporting in Vivo Experiments) guidelines for reporting animal research (Kilkenny et al. 2010; Tilson and Schroeder 2013). For observational research studies, EHP strongly recommends that authors consult an appropriate version of the STROBE (Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology) guidelines. Before conducting a review, authors should consult appropriate guidelines, such as PRISMA (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses) and the EQUATOR network, for guidance on planning, executing, and reporting of systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and scoping reviews. Submitted protocols for systematic reviews must be registered in PROSPERO or another appropriate protocol database and comply with reporting requirements set out in the PRISMA-P Statement (Moher et al. 2015)
PLEASE BE SURE THAT THE METADATA ONLINE ARE CORRECT (WHEN YOU FILL OUT THE FORM OF SUBMISSION THE ARTICLE). REQUESTS FOR ADDITION/DELETE/CHANGE OF AUTHORS OR AFFILIATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THE ISSUE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Metadata are crucial for the indexing of the paper and of authors and for attribution of copyright to ALL authors. Attention: Any submission received for a manuscript with more than one contributor, in which only one author has been inserted in the metadata, will result in immediate rejection, asking for a correct re-submission.
The author names and affiliations inserted in the online submission system will be those which will be published in Databases. The Editorial staff is therefore not responsible for eventual inaccuracies or mistakes in the affiliations inserted during the submission process.
- With this submission, you agree, in the name and on behalf of any co-authors too, to the use of personal data collected for each purpose connected with this registration, to receive promotional material and, for any other purposes that may be necessary pursuant to EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. Note for the Italian researchers: Effettuando tale submission, acconsenti, anche in nome e per conto di eventuali coautori, all’utilizzo dei dati personali raccolti per ogni finalità connessa alla presente registrazione, per ricevere materiale promozionale e, per ogni altro scopo che si rendesse necessario ai sensi del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.
AGREEMENT between MATTIOLI 1885 s.r.l. and the Article’s AUTHOR
Article 1 Purpose:
The purpose of this agreement is to ensure effective global dissemination of the Article, enabling the Publisher to carry out necessary activities for publication, distribution, and preservation of the work, respecting the rights of the parties as defined below.
Article 2 - Rights License:
By accepting this agreement, the Author grants Mattioli 1885 srl an exclusive license to exploit the rights, as specified below:
a. Reproduce the Article, in whole or in part, and communicate the Article to the public in print and/or digital form, both individually and in combination with works of others, for example, making it available on the internet or any other networks, as part of a database, online or offline, for third-party use.
b. Translate the Article into other languages and communicate translations of the Article to the public.
c. Create adaptations, summaries, or extracts of the Article or other derivative works based on the Article and exercise all rights in such adaptations, summaries, extracts, and derivative works.
d. The Publisher agrees to acknowledge the Author's name and the source in a standard bibliographic citation.
Article 3 - Rights Reserved to the Author:
The Author retains all other rights related to the Article not granted to the Publisher and, in particular, may exercise the following rights, not for profit:
a. Educational or Research Use: Reproduce the Article, in whole or in part, and communicate or make it available to the public, both in print and/or digital format, as part of an educational package or compilation, for use in educational or research settings within the Author's institution or affiliated institutions.
b. Preservation: Grant the Author's institution (or another appropriate organization) the authority to preserve the Article to prevent deterioration and ensure the Article continues to be available for educational and research purposes.
c. Future Reuse: Reuse the whole or part of the Article in a thesis, compilation, or other work.
d. Personal Use: Present the Article at a meeting or conference.
Article 4 - Warranties:
1. The Author guarantees the originality of the work and being its sole creator. The Author also guarantees that the Article does not violate any existing copyright or moral rights of third parties.
2. The Author guarantees not to have assigned to third parties the right to economic exploitation of the work itself.
3. The Author will indemnify and compensate the Publisher for any claims from third parties arising from the publication of the Article in case of a breach of this warranty. The warranties in this clause also apply to drawings, tables, photographs, or other illustrations included in the Article and provided by the Author.
4. The Author guarantees that the content is not defamatory or otherwise injurious to the moral or economic rights of others.
5. The Author authorizes the Publisher to take, in cooperation with the Author, necessary measures to prevent third-party copyright violations on the Article. The Author and the Publisher agree to provide each other with full cooperation and complete information in this regard. Costs are subject to a separate agreement when the issue arises.
Article 5 - Publication Obligation:
Mattioli 1885 undertakes to publish the Article according to customary standards and at the Publisher’s expense within a reasonable period from the acceptance.
Article 6 - Legal Relationship:
The Publisher may transfer exploitation rights to a third party, provided that this third party fulfills the Publisher's obligations under this agreement with the Author. If the Author can demonstrate that her/his moral rights are compromised by the Publisher's use of her/his Article, she/he may request the cessation of such use.
Article 7 - Multiple Authors:
In the case of multiple Authors, the above-identified Author (first Author) guarantees having the consent of each Author to sign this Publication License on their behalf.
Article 8 - Final Clause:
The agreement becomes effective immediately after the Acceptance of the work and remains effective for the entire duration of the copyright on the Article.