Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Starting from 1st January 2021, a fee of 300,00 € will be due for the accepted papers that will indexed in PubMed. The fee for the articles submitted starting from 1-1-2021 should be paid after the acceptation of the article and before the publication. The corresponding authors are responsible for making the payment or arranging it through their institutions. After that payment we will proceed with the publication. For Authors asking "fast publication", a further charge of 200,00 € will be added to cover the costs for this fast-additional service. The article will be published in the first next available publishing issue. Letters to the Editor as well as reviews, editorial papers, and all articles requested by the Editor in Chief and Section Editors will be published free of charge.
Article Processing and review fee (APC): 300 Euro.
Please note that the Journal has change its policy and the publisher decided to introduce an article processing fee. Starting from 1st January 2021, an APC of 300,00 € will be due for the accepted papers that will indexed in PubMed. The APC for the articles submitted starting from 1-1-2021 should be paid after the acceptation of the article and before the publication. The corresponding authors are responsible for making the payment or arranging it through their institutions. After receiving that payment we will proceed with the publication.
Letters to the Editor as well as reviews, editorial papers, and all articles requested by the Editor in Chief and Section Editors will be published free of charge.
Please pay attention to these instructions:
For articles submitted after 1st January 2021 the APC is 300 euro and can be paid by paypal/credit card at APC form-Acta Biomedica
For other payment method: Bank transfer please see at: APC by bank transfer
As soon as we receive the payment we will send you the number of the issue in which your article will be published and the DOI number of the article. We will also activate the plugin “Online first” and so you will be able to see your articles already online before the publication at the end of the website homepage in the “Online first” section.
- Authorship / Conflict of Interest Statement (found on (http://www.icmje.org), which must be signed by each author and uploaded on the website in the submission.
- PLEASE BE SURE THAT THE METADATA ONLINE ARE CORRECT (WHEN YOU FILL IN THE FORM OF SUBMISSION THE ARTICLE). REQUESTS FOR ADDITION/DELETE/CHANGE OF AUTHORS OR AFFILIATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THE ISSUE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- PUBMED - THE ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM MUST CONTAIN THE FULL NAMES OF ALL AUTHORS, USING THE BUTTON "ADD CONTRIBUTORS" WITH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY FOR THE FIRST LETTER OF AUTHORS’ NAMES. IF THE SUBMISSION HAS MISSED THE CO-AUTHORS NAME, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ADD THEM LATER AND THE SUBMISSION MUST BE REPEATED. MISSING AUTHORS IN THE METADATA WILL REFLECT IN MISSING AUTHORS IN PUBMED.
DOI ACTIVATION - PLEASE, PAY ATTENTION! BE SURE TO ADD ALL THE AFFILIATIONS OF ALL THE AUTHORS, INCLUDING THE AFFILIATION OF THE AUTHOR WHO SUBMIT THE ARTICLE. DOI WILL NOT BE REGISTERED BY THE PLUGIN IF EVEN JUST ONE AFFILIATION IS MISSED. PLEASE, BE SURE TO FILL IN CAREFULLY ALL THE METADATA OF THE ARTICLE. FOR AUTHOR SUBMITTING THE ARTICLE, PLEASE, BE SURE IN YOUR PROFILE IS PRESENT THE AFFILIATION AND IF NOT, PLEASE UPDATE IT OR DON'T FORGET TO ADD THE AFFILIATION IN THE SUBMISSION PROCEED OF THE ARTICLE. (Please, don't use in the affiliation field the "&" symbol)
. The affiliation is requested by mEDRA to assign automatically the DOI in the article and without affiliations (for all the authors) in metadata, mEDRA will not assign the DOI
- Please, mark in red the Family name of the authors in the Title page file
Please, download and use the two sample files for your online submission: ABM title page sample and ABM manuscript sample. Then, upload both files in your submission.
Make sure that no author information is present in the manuscript file, since we are using double-blind peer review. Please, you should upload the 2 files: "the title page" file and the manuscript file. As in the samples, the "title page" file must contain: a concise informative title; full author(s) names (full first name and last name); department or institution where work was done (not what you are or you do in this department, as MD, PhD, …); full name and address of author to whom correspondence about the manuscript and request should be referred, as well as fax (if it is available), E-mail and telephone number; a running title of no more than 40 characters.
The title page file will not be included in the review process. The manuscript file must contain text, tables, legends, references and figures.
Papers have not already been published or submitted for publication elsewhere and must be original.
Manuscript must be original and not contains parts taken from other publications.
Papers must follow the instruction to Authors. Please, see Author Guidelines.
The corresponding author, also on behalf of all the other authors, should declare the existence or otherwise of financial connections (consultancies, ownership of shares, patents, etc.) that might constitute a potential conflict of interest in relation to the subject matter of the article. In the case of existence of any such financial connections, the authors concerned must declare them in a brief but complete definition at the end of the article, before the references.
If no conflict of interest exists type: "Each author declares that he or she has no commercial associations (e.g. consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangement etc.) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article".
- Authors will be expected to have obtained ethics committee approval and informed patient consent for any experimental use of a novel procedure or tool where a clear clinical advantage based on clinical need was not apparent before treatment.
- Authors should suggest, in the "Comments for the Editor", at least 2 full names (with their email address and affiliation) of potential Reviewers. The suggested Reviewers must have no conflict of interest with the proposal research. Please, specify the first name and the last name.
- If you want to submit the article for Health Professions Supplement, please, choose the Section: "Supplement Health Professions" or "Health Professions" in the first step of the submission.
- Provide to insert in TITLE box the title of the article (in english). Provide to insert in ABSTRACT box the summary of the article (in english). Provide to insert in KEY WORD box 3-10 key words. Provide to insert in REFERENCES box the References (bibliography) of the article. You can copy and past the references from your word file to the box.
With this submission, you agree, in the name and on behalf of any co-authors too, to the use of personal data collected for each purpose connected with this registration, to receive promotional material and, for any other purposes that may be necessary pursuant to EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. / Effettuando tale submission, acconsenti, anche in nome e per conto di eventuali coautori, all’utilizzo dei dati personali raccolti per ogni finalità connessa alla presente registrazione, per ricevere materiale promozionale e, per ogni altro scopo che si rendesse necessario ai sensi del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.
The company Mattioli 1885 S.r.l. guarantees that the personal data collected will be processed in a lawful, correct, transparent manner and only for the purposes for which they were collected and, in any case, in compliance with EU Reg. N. 679/2016 and of the Legislative Decree n. 101/2018, as well as any other provision on the subject. / La società Mattioli 1885 S.r.l. garantisce che i dati personali raccolti saranno tratti in modo lecito, corretto, trasparente e solamente per le finalità per cui sono stati raccolti ed, in ogni caso, nel rispetto del Reg. UE n. 679/2016 e del D.lgs. n. 101/2018, nonché di qualsiasi altra disposizione in materia.