Main Article Content
Personal Health Budget; Individual Placement and Support; Psychiatric Rehabilitation; Community Care; Mental Helath Services.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, community healthcare treatments have played a crucial role in early detection and intervention against the epidemic spreading (as most of the infected individuals were at home). For the national policy on mental health services in Italy, “the person as a community resource within a caring community” is still a crucial idea that the COVID-19 era helped to revive, together with the supremacy of the public healthcare pathway over the private one. In this article, new mental health rehabilitation models (such as the Personal Health Budget and the Individual Placement and Support) are suggested as useful intervention approaches on which to base psychiatric care within a community care in the post COVID-19 era.
(2) Pelizza L, Pupo S. Future psychiatric services in Italy: lesson from the COVID-19 pandemic. Acta Biomed 2020; 91: e2020011.
(3) Pelizza L, Pupo S. The COVID-19 Pandemic and Italian public mental health services: experience and future directions. J Patient Exp 2020; 7: 642-4.
(4) Pelizza L, Ficarelli ML, Vignali E, et al. Individual placement and support in Italian young adults with mental disorder: findings from the Reggio Emilia experience. Early Interv Psychiatry 2020; 14: 577-86.
(5) Pelizza L, Leuci E, Landi G, et al. Personal Health Budget as a new rehabilitation model for severe mental illness within a caring community: an Italian evaluation study of beneficial effects. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2020; https://doi.org/10.1177/0004867420968918.
(6) Pelizza L, Leuci E, Landi G, et al. The “Personal Health Budget” intervention model in early psychosis: preliminary findings from the Parma experience. J Psychopathol 2020; 26: 209-17.
(7) Pelizza L, Ficarelli ML, Vignali E, et al. Implementation of Individual Placement and Support in Italy: the Reggio Emilia experience. Community Ment Health J 2020; 56: 1128-38.