Main Article Content
fracture, hip arthrodesis, condylar plate
We report the case of an intertrochanteric hip fracture in a 73 years-old woman with a long-standing arthrodesis. The proper surgical treatment is controversial but we decided to treat the fracture with a single LCP condylar plate turned upside-down. After one year the patient achieved her preinjury levels of activities. This kind of fracture could be satisfactorily treated with locking plate.
2. Beaule PE, Matta JM, Mast JW. Hip arthrodesis: current indications and techniques. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2002;10:249–258
3. Manzotti A, Confalonieri N, Pullen C. Intertrochanteric fracture od an arthrodesed hip. J Bone Joint Surg (Br), 2007, 89-B:390-2.
4. Asakawa S, Mammoto T, Hirano A. Proximal femoral fracture in hip arthrodesis treated with double reconstruction plates. Case Rep Orthop. 2017;2017:5246080
5. Fang C, Fang B, Wong TM, Lau TW, Pun T, Leung F. Fixing a fractured arthrodesed hip with rapid prototype templating and minimal invasive plate osteosynthesis. Trauma Case Rep. 2015 Nov 14;1(9-12):79-83.
6. Wulke AP, Mader K, Pennig D: Femoral neck fracture in an arthrodesed hip treated by a supracondylar intramedullary locked nail. J Orthop Trauma. 2004 Feb;18(2):116-8
7. Ishimaru D, Nozawa S, Maeda M, Shimizu K: Intertrochanteric fracture of the ankylosed hip joint treated by a gamma nail: a case report. Case Rep Orthop. 2012;2012:278156.
8. Font-Vizcarra L, Carreño AM, Prat S, Muñoz-Mahamud E, Camacho P, Casanova L : Less invasive fixation of an interthrocanteric fracture in an ankylosed hip with cannulated screws: a case report. Hip Int. 2010 Oct-Dec;20(4):565-7.
9. Darwish FM1, Haddad W. Intertrochanteric fracture under an arthrodesed hip. Am J Case Rep. 2013 May 13;14:150-2.
10. Kilgus DJ, Amstrut HC, Wolging MA, Dorey FJ. Joint replacement for ankylosed hips. J Bone Joint Surg AM, 1990; 72(1): 45-54