Main Article Content
Oncorhynchus mykiss, Fish sausage, Laurus nobilis, Natural preservative, Lipid oxidation
Aim: The aim of this study was develop the fresh fish sausage containing natural protective from rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and it’s was investigate the nutritional composition and oxidative stabil- ity during storage at 2˚ C. Method: For this purpose were stored the fresh trout sausages added 2% Laurus nobilis extract and 4% Laurus nobilis extract for 10 days. Three different sausage formulations were analyzed for nutritional composition and lipid oxidation products (total volatile base nitrogen (TVB-N) thiobarbituric acid (TBA), peroxide value (PV ) and free fatty acids (FFAs)). Results: The formulated fresh trout sausages determined 68.11-68.26% moisture, 18.06-18.25% protein, 6.12-6.15% lipid, 3.14-4.28% ash as “good qual- ity” and “ might buy”. According to oxidative stability results the highest levels of TVB-N TBARS, PV and FFAs were related to the control group and the least amount of these parameters was determined in Lauris nobilis extract (LE) applications. Conclusion: Based on the this datas, it can be deduced that the LE success- fully improve the oxidative stability of the fresh trout sausages in the cold storage
2. Çoban MZ, Emir Çoban Ö, Fadiloğlu EE. Microbiological and physicochemical quality of carp sausage enriched with propolis natural extract during chilled storage. J Aquat Food Prod Technol 2019; 28: 904-910.
3. Emir Çoban Ö, Fadıoğlu EE, Çoban MZ. Investigation of some quality characteristics if smoked common carp (Cyprinus carpio) sausages supplemented with propolis extract. NWSAELS 2018; 13, 197-203.
4. Chahal KK, Kaur M, Bhardwaj U, Singla N, Kaur A. A review on chemistry and biological activities of Laurus nobilis L. essential oil. J Pharmacogn Phytochem 2017; 6:1153-1161.
5. Marion JP, Audrin A, Maignial L, Brevard H. Spices and their Extracts: Utilization, Selection, Quality Control and New Developments. In: Spices, Herbs and Edible Fungi; Charalambous, G., Ed. Elsevier: Amsterdam, The Netherlands 1994, 71-95.
6. Yousefi A, Moosavi-Nasab M. Textural and chemical attributes of sausages developed from Talang queenfish (Scomberoides commersonnianuus) mince and surimi. Iran J Fish Sci 2014; 13: 228-241.
7. Tarladgis BG, Watts BM. Younathan, M.T.; Dugan, L.Jr. A distillation method for the quantitative determination of malonaldehyde in rancid foods. J Am Oil Chem Soc 1960; 37: 44-48.
8. Mattissek R, Schnepel MF, Steiner G. Lebensmittelanalytik, Grundzüge, Methoden, Anwendungen. Berlin, Germany 1992.
9. Yetim H. Food Analysis, Erzurum, Turkey, 2002.
10. Özdamar, K. (2001). Biostatistical with SPSS.. Pub no: 3,4. Bookstore Kaan. Eskişehir, p:452
11. Ruiz-Capillas C, Moral A. Residual effect of CO2 on hake (Merluccius merluccius L.) stored in modified and controlled atmospheres. Eur Food Res Technol 2001; 212: 413–420.
12. Fan W, Chi Y, Zhang S. The use of a tea polyphenol dip to extend the shelf life of silver carp (Hypophthalmicthys molitrix) during storage in ice. Food Chem 2008;108: 148–153.
13. Emir Çoban, Ö. Evaluation of essential oils as a glazing material for frozen rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) filet. J Food Process Pres 2013; 37:759–765.
14. El-Marrakchı A, Bennour B, Bouchrıtı N, Hamama A, Tagafaıt H. Sensory, chemical and microbiological assessments of Moroccan sardines (Sardina pilchardus) stored in ice. J Food Prot 1990; 53: 600–605.
15. Harpaz S, Glatman L, Drabkın V, Gelman A. Effects of herbal essential oils used to extend the shelf-life of freshwater reared Asian sea bass fish (Lates calcarifer). J. Food Prot. 2003; 66: 410–417.
16. Dias MI, Barros L, Duenas M, Alves RC, Oliveira MBPP, Santos Buelga C, Ferreira ICFR. Nutritional and antioxidant contributions of Laurus nobilis L. leaves: Would be more suitable a wild or a cultivated sample? Food Chem 2014; 156: 339–346.
17. Fıçıcılar BB, Gençcelep H, Özen T. Effects of bay leaf (Laurus nobilis) and green tea (Camellia sinensis) extracts on the physicochemical properties of the marinated anchovies with vacuum packaging . Cyta– J Food 2018; 16:848–858.
18. Wagh VD. Propolis: A wonder bees product and its pharmacological potentials. Adv Pharmacol Sci 2013; 1–11.
19. Bensid A, Ucar Y, Bendeddouche B, Ozogul F. Effect of the icing with thyme, oregano and clove extracts on quality parameters of gutted and beheaded anchovy (Engraulis encrasicholus) during chilled storage. Food Chem 2014; 145: 681–686.
20. Basamma KA, Karthik SK, Satishkumar, Purohit RC. Biochemical analysis of fortified fresh water fish sasauge. Int J Trop Agric 2015; 33; 153-157.
21. Yanishlieva NV, Marinova EM. Stabilization of edible oils with natural antioxidants. Eur J Lipid Sci Tech 2001;103: 752–767.
22. Caputo L, Nazzaro F, Souza LF, Aliberti L, De Martino L, Fratianni F, Coppola R, De Feo V. Laurus nobilis: Composition of essential oil and its biological activities. Molecules 2017; 22: 930-940.
23. Varlık C, Ugur M, Gokoglu N, Gun H. Su Ürünlerinde Kalite Kontrol İlke ve Yöntemleri. Gıda Teknolojisi Dergisi Yayınları. 1993; 17, İstanbul. 174.
24. Lopez-Caballero ME, Goamez-Guillen MC, Perez-Mateos M, Montero E. A functional chitosan-enriched fish sausage treated by high pressure. J Food Sci 2005; 70: 166-171.
25. Krkic N, Lazic V, Savatic S, Sojic B, Petrovic L, Suput D. Application of chitosan coating with oregano essential oil on dry fermented sausage. J Food Nutr Res 2012; 51: 60-68.
26. Schormüller J. Tierische Lebensmittel Eier, Fleisch, Buttermilch. Handbuch der Lebensmittel Chemie. Band III/2 Teil. Berlin, Heidelberg, Germany, 1968; 1482–1537.
27. Ucak I, Ozogul Y, Durmus M. The effects of rosemary extract combination with vacuum packing on the quality changes of Atlantic mackerel fish burgers. Int J Food Sci Technol 2011; 46: 1157–1163.
28. Nabiha B, Abdelfateh EO, Faten K, Jean Paul W, Michel M, Monce CM. Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of Laurus nobilis floral buds essential oil. J Essent Oil Bear Pl 2009; 12:694-702.
29. Elmastaş M, Gülçin İ, Işildak Ö, Küfrevioğlu Öİ, İbaoğlu K, Aboul-Enein HY. Radical scavenging activity and antioxidant capacity of bay leaf extracts. J Iran. Chem Soc 2006;3:258-266.
30. Yilmaz, ES, Timur M, Aslim B. Antimicrobial, antioxidant activity of the essential oil of bay laurel from Hatay, Turkey. J Essent Oil BearPl 2013;16: 108–116.