Main Article Content
tennis, social phobia, stress
The aim of this study is to examine the stress and social phobia levels of 13-18 age group students receiving tennis training in terms of some variables. In this study, the relational survey model, which is one of the quantitative research designs, was used. Stress level scale and social phobia scale were used as data collection tools in the research. These questionnaires were applied to students aged 13-18 attending tennis clubs in Sakarya. The data obtained from the students were transferred to the SPSS program and descriptive statistics were applied to indicate their demographic characteristics. Mann Whitney U test and Kruskal Wallis test were used to see if there is a significant difference between stress and social phobia points of students according to age, gender, and education level. A correlation test was applied to look at the relationship between stress and social phobia levels. As a result of the study, there was no significant difference in the stress and social phobia levels of tennis players attending tennis clubs in Sakarya in terms of age, gender, and class levels (p>0,05). In addition, there was no significant relationship between the stress and social phobia levels of tennis players (p>0,05).
2. Fişek K. Sports Management in the World and in Turkey. Ankara: Ankara University Press. 1991.
3. Sunay H, Saracaloğlu S. The Expectations of Turkish Athletes from Sport and the Elements Directing to Sport. Ankara University School of Physical Education and Sports. Spormetre Journal of Phy Edu and Sports Sci, Ankara 2003; 1(1):43-48. https://doi.org/10.1501/Sporm_0000000011
4. Can S. 10-12 Yaş Grubundaki erkek tenisçiler, masa tenisçiler ve aynı yaş grubunda sedanterlerin reaksiyon zamanlarının karşılaştırılması. Gazi Üniversitesi. Sağ Bil Ens. Bed Eğt ve Spor Anabilim Dalı. Ankara. Yüksek Lisans Tezi. 2007.
5. Crespo M, Miley D. Advanced Coaches Manual. Bahamas Canada. West Bay Street Nassau 1998; 1:149.
6. Güçlü N. Stress Management. Journal of Gazi University Gazi Education Faculty 2001; 21(1):91-109.
7. Bakan İ. Çağdaş Yönetim Yaklaşımları. Beta Basım Yayın. İstanbul 2004.
8. Pehlivan İ. Sources of Stress in Management. Ankara: Pegem Publications. 1995.
9. Yalçın Y. The Effect of Sports Satisfaction on the Stress and Aggression Levels of Athletes: An Application in Antalya Province to Determine the Role of Trainer Gender. Erciyes University, Institute of Social Sciences, Master Thesis, Kayseri. 2009.
10. Abanoz ZZ, Güz HÖ, Sarp A, Öztürk A, Arık AC, Şahin AR. Comorbidity and Disordered Eating Symptoms in Patients with Panic Disorder. Turk J Psychiatry 2008; 10(3):96-103.
11. Şahin S. The Relationship between Social Phobia Symptom Level and Self-Reflection and Insight. Üsküdar University, Institute of Social Sciences, Master Thesis, Istanbul. 2019.
12. Kaya A, Bozaslan H, Genç G. Üniversite öğrencilerinin anne-baba tutumlarının problem çözme becerilerine, sosyal kaygı düzeylerine ve akademik başarılarına Etkisi. Dicle Üniversitesi Ziya Gökalp Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi 2012; 18:208-225.
13. Karasar N. Scientific Research Methods. Ankara: Nobel Publications. 2011.
14. Yiğiter K. The effects of participation in regular exercise on self-esteem and hopelessness of female university students. Soc Behav Pers 2014; 42:1233-1244. http://doi.org/zqf
15. Yenihayat F. Yetişkin lösemili hastaların algıladıkları sosyal destek ile stres düzeyleri arasındaki ilişki. Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Haliç Üniversitesi, İstanbul. 2008.
16. Bozkurt N. The Relationship Between Stress Levels of Primary School Students and Some Variables. Aegean Edu J 2001; (1):54-62.
17. Demir T, Eralp-Demir D, Özmen E, Uysal Ö, Çapa çocuk ve ergenler için sosyal fobi ölçeğinin geçerlilik ve güvenirliliği. Düşünen Adam 1999; 12:23-30.
18. Tezbaşaran A. Likert Type Scale Development Guide. Turkish Psychological Association Publications. Ankara. 1996.
19. Köroğlu M, Yiğiter K. Effects of Swimming Training on Stress Levels of the Students Aged 11-13. Univers J Educ Res 2016; 4(8):1881-1884. DOI: 10.13189/ujer.2016.040818.
20. Gomes RV, Moreira A, Lodo L, Nosaka K, Coutts AJ, Aoki MS. Monitoring training loads, stress, immune-endocrine responses and performance in tennis players. Biol Sport 2013; 30(3):173.
21. Gowden RG, Meyer-Weitz A, Asante KO. Mental Toughness in Competitive Tennis: Relationships with Resilience and Stress. Front Psychol 2016; 7:320. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00320.
22. Marks BL. Health benefits for veteran (senior) tennis players. Br J Sports Med 2006; 40:469-476.
23. Fernandez-Fernandez J, Sanz-Rivas D, Mendez-Villanueva A. A comparison of the activity profile and physiological demands between advanced and recreational veteran tennis players. J Strength Cond Res 2009; 23:604-10.
24. Kesanıemı YA, E Danforth JR, Jensen MD, Kopelman PG, Lefebvre P, Reeder BA. Dose-response issues concerning physical activity and health: an evidence-based symposium. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2001; 33(6 Suppl):531-538.